The barn is old, maybe 200 years or more. It was originally a stables and then a cow shed until a few years ago. It has now been converted into a warm, comfortable cottage with big rooms, a south-facing sitting room leading to a pleasant conservatory and garden. The kitchen has been hand-made in Oak by local craftsmen and is fitted with a modern wood-fired range. The full central heating is also fired by wood, but looked after for you by the owners. Our prices include all electricity and wood fuel.
The key features of the cottage are:
- A large sitting/dining room leading to a conservatory and garden. The sitting room has a television with Freeview and Freesat and a DVD player. There is a log-burning stove.
- A fully fitted kitchen with a small dining table and modern wood-fired range, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, microwave oven, kettle, toaster and plenty of cupboard storage.
- Downstairs twin bedroom and built in wardrobe.
- Downstairs shower room with toilet, washbasin and shower.
- Upstairs double bedroom with built-in wardrobe and ensuite including toilet, washbasin and shower.
- Upstairs twin bedroom with built-in wardrobe.
- Upstairs family bathroom with toilet, washbasin, shower and bath.
- On-site parking for two vehicles with easy access into the cottage.
- A high chair, stair gate and travel cot are available on request. Cot users are asked to bring their own bedding.
Children are welcome but not pets. The cottage is non-smoking.
The downstairs is easily accessed by those with limited mobility. There is also good access for a wheel chair from the car park into the ground floor of the cottage. The downstairs washroom is adjacent to the downstairs bedroom. The washroom is only suitable for those with some mobility as it is unable to accommodate a wheel chair.